- LEGO League – curricular applications in Grades 6, 7 and 8.
- Gr. 6,7 and 8 Science curriculum applications:
- Motion -Design and make mechanical devices that change the direction and speed of an input
- Structural Strength and Stability – make structures which have mechanisms and plan/complete investigations to identify needs and problems related to the strength of structures(example – bridges)
- Design and make a mechanical system that is operated by hydraulic or pneumatic power; select and use appropriate materials and strategies to make a product; produce technical drawing and layout diagrams of a structure of a mechanical system
- Mechanical Efficiency units
- Gr. 11 /12 Physics – electric motors and car design project
- construct prototypes of technologies based on the concepts and principles related to projective and circular motion
- designing motors, generators and air track
- Gr. 9 Integrated Technologies course (TTI 1O) – use the design process correctly in the completion of projects; fabricate products or perform services using hand tools, power tools. This course will be introduced in September 2009
- Gr. 11, 12 Art – Photography units on graphic design. This would include the use of such programmes as PhotoShop, Adobe Illustrator and InDesign.
- Costume Design (Gr. 8 Art) and Fashion Art (Gr. 11 Art) – using sewing and serger machines.
- Video–taping and editing facilities can be used in a variety of courses from dramatic arts to the media units in English courses. The design room could be use for this purpose.
- The design facility would be used to create our own Castle Signatures and Play Programmes for the school.
- GIS software installed on the computers in the design lab(this program runs very slow on student laptops)